04 June 2008

First pay

I should celebrate it. I received my first salary yesterday; the one correspoding to the three days in April and the month of May. A little bit later than what it should be, but because they have to pay me in cash, and I could not go by on Friday due to my trip to Hualien, I could not pick it up until today. This makes everything look serious. It's nice to get some money to keep on going, though.

While I can't open a bank account, because I still don't have the ARC card, I will have to keep the money under the bed at home. It's not really convenient. Not because I am afraid something will happen to it, but because it makes a nice thick packet very soon, since there are only 100, 500 and 1000 taiwanese dollar bank notes. Anyway, it feels strange to be paid with money inside an envelope, and not being fired afterwards.

No comments: