26 June 2008

Coffee

Taiwan is not known by its coffee production. On the contrary, tea rules here. You find it everywhere, either oolong, black tea, etc, and also in many mixes, with milk, juices, with fruits, etc. All the teas I have tasted so far were generally good, and I am getting hooked to the black tea soft drink,

which works wonders on hot days. But I must admit that I am not a tea person and I need my coffee fix.

I still do not have any decent coffee-maker at home. I have not even discovered how the coffee I could use for it is written (I have not looked that much either), so I use the coffe shops like Starbucks and such that are close to campus. I don't do it every day, but almost always I come back from a talk at the ASIAA, I take a small detour and order a latte at Starbucks.

I must feed the beast.

The truth is that is one of the things I miss, to have a coffee after lunch. I have not seen any vending machines around campus and I still have to find out a near place where I can go quick (the nearest Starbucks is a 10-minute walk away), it's comfortable and not too expensive. Umm, how I remember those walks to have a coffee in Columbus in the afternoon. It didn't matter if it was cold or warm. It was the best excuse to sit for a little while in a bench, or on the grass, and enjoy the sun and the quietness of good weather, or even a nice talk. That's one of the things I doubt I will ever have here.

No comments: