19 June 2008

(Back from the Past) Lunchbox

(From 12/05/2008)

(or dinnerbox, if it needs be)
Since I arrived to Taiwan, I have been tasting new dishes or old dishes made in a different way or shown differently. A very typical way of having lunch, or even dinner, is to buy a lunchbox. Here you can see one I had during my first week


As the picture shows, there is a rice base (or noodles), pork or beef or chicken meat, or fish, mixed vegetables and/or tofu. You can stuff yourself for less than 1.5 euros. The fish in the picture was really good and the seaweed too. Of course, if you must eat it every day, it gets boring too. Fortunately, there are other possibilities and, even if rice seems to be in every dish, it is easy to have a quick bite for a few NT dollars.

I am lucky to be decent using the chopsticks, though.

No comments: