12 June 2008

(Back from the Past) Strange working hours

(from 9/5/2008, very late)
Whowever that reads this might think I am crazy, and would be right probably. Since I arrived here, I have followed strange schedules. Having lunch at 12 and, then, dinner between 6 and 7pm, may seem early for us in Barcelona, but once you are doing it and feel hungry, it's not so difficult to do. I must be careful and remember it, because if I do not everything can be closed, except the 7/11s, which close very late, if they close at all. Then, since I have not changed my bedtime, I have hours ahead of me before going to sleep.

Meetings just after lunch are no big deal, because I don't usually eat a lot for lunch. But what I still do not understand is what happened these last twoThursdays, and on a Wednesday. Meetings of the Radioastronomy groups, with almost all of the students, that begin at 7:30pm and finish ... at 11pm or whenever, because I left early very tired. They are interesting, because I am able to see what they are doing and how things work here. They try to use English too, but little by little, they speak more and more in Chinese, until I only understand the many "keywords" they use in English. And even if I can follow somehow their conversations, I inevitably reach the point when I ask myself what I am doing there. At that time.

And now I am writing this, instead of going to sleep. I am definitely crazy.

No comments: