21 July 2008

Street scenes

I think I am beginning to find similarities in anything. Last night, when I was coming back home, I walked by a scene that I don't think it's possible to see in Barcelona, but I am sure it happened some years ago and, I hope, still happens today in small villages. There is a hairdresser's a couple of streets from my aparment. It looks very modern and fashionable. Yesterday, there was a group of people, seven or eight, sitting in front of it below those porches that you would think were made to park scooters in them. Sitting, and drinking and eating. It seemed the typical family or neighbor reunion. They seemed very satisfied with it. It's difficult to see a scene like that in a big city, but I have seen this kind of stuff in Taipei more that I imagined. And it was also probably the best idea, given yesterday's heat.

A minute later, a little out of shape guy jogged by me, panting and puffing. He had a white ribbon tied around his head and was dressed all in white (shorts and undershirt). He was sweating a lot. It reminded me of a mix of some japanese movie and the film of the '36 Berlin marathon, with the two japanese runners in front.

It's true, I write a post about anything these days.

No comments: