24 July 2008

Inspiration

OK, I will write a metapost today. According to the counter on the right, I have written 64 posts in this blog and 92 in the "original" one. Some "readers" complained some days ago about my frantic rate of posting. Well, I am sure that they would also complain if I did not write.

I am also surprised that I am still maintaining this blog. At first, I could not imagine that I had enough subjects, time or disposition to do it, but I apparently do. To tell the truth, writing something every day is becoming an addictive habit. I don't think it is because I have any special skill, but I have used two little tricks that have been very useful: make an effort thinking what I could talk about and, when I have any idea, write it down. It's just a matter of spending a little time afterwards typing the post.


What surprises me the most is this thing of explaining (part of) my life in a public medium. Maybe we all have an inner exhibitionist. I want to think that it is a mix of personal therapy and sending messages to my future. Because the day will come when I will like to know what I was doing in such and such day.

True, it seems as if I am beginning to run out of stories, but I think we go from a routine into another. It is in those moments when it looks like there is nothing to tell about. It's not completely true, we only must search deeper or more far away, maybe. Fortunately, there is always an outing or a trip coming to our rescue. I will tell when I am back.

But don't leave yet, there is more coming...

No comments: