20 July 2008

Helmets

I walk by several shops selling motorcycle helmets, in more than one of the several paths I can take to go from my office to home, It is not so surprising, seeing so many scooters on the streets, but the shops look different from the ones I am used to. First, the helmets are just that, they cover the skull but don't go down to the chin. There are few integral helmets; maybe it is due to the heat. The best, though, is the decoration. All colors and designs, many are pink, or have flowers or little cats, or whatever. Now that I have spent several weeks here, I am not surprised any more, but I thought I had stepped into one of the many manga cartoons that are shown in TVs all over the world at the beginning of my stay. Some, similar to bike helmets, look very futuristic.

I like the red one with the white star placed at the last right row. It looks so seventies, Evel Knievel and all that stuff (if you are old enough to remember that, of course).

No comments: