01 July 2008

(Back from the Past) Rain

(from 23/5/2008)

I got a little wet today in my (almost) daily pilgrimage between the NTU and NTNU campuses. A hard rain just began, with lightning and thunder, when I left the ASIAA. I thought it could be one of the famous tropical thunderstoms that last about 20 minutes, so I waited a little bit. No way, I decided to risk it half an hour later. Little by litte, and taking a technical stop at a Starbucks to wait if it dissolved or under a small balcony, I reached my office. I have been fortunate of the typical porches that are in many Taipei buildings. Like these


It doesn't take a great intelligence to see what is their main utility. They are also packed with shops and more shops, with all kind of signs, little lights and things to sale.

The rain has lasted for more than an hour, but at the end, even the Sun has reappeared. I don't know if it was a tropical storm caused by the heat or what is to be expected in the rainy season, though. I think it will be a wet evening/night.

No comments: