23 July 2008

House keys

There are some obvious things in life, but some take a more transcendental meaning when you are far from everybody you know, in a foreign country and with a language so different. I went through a very brief scare last Sunday night. According to the weird click that made the lock of my door, I thought I had broken the key and that I couldn't go in. Fortunately, it wasn't so, I only turned the key in the wrong way (as I suspected it would happen eventually)

I don't usually have too much trouble with my keys, but some of you already know that I had some strange stories in Columbus: leaving my keys on the outer side of the door (as somebody who reads this probably remembers), forgetting them on a bridge, etc. Nothing special happened, but it's one of the things I try to consciously control, specially if the doors are locked when they are closed, as the one I have here. Every time I go out, or in, I check that I have my keys in my hand. So far, so good, but it's one of those things that just needs one mistake to make you blame yourself for days.

The big question then is where to keep the second set of keys. Inside or outside. Dilemmas.

No comments: