02 July 2008

End of term

July is here and you can tell by the amount of students I find in my building's elevator or at the cafeteria. Fewer!. It's been days since I had to share the elevator with 8 other students, while it stops in many floors. Because my office is in the last one, the eighth.

If I understood it right, the system here is of two semesters, so the last exams were last week. I could already see then a square made with tape where there were old and broken things. Since last Monday, I've seen many more. It is some order in trash. A square where people can throw all that they don't want any more. You can imagine. But with the showers that we have almost every afternoon, I don't think that anybody can make any use of them. I saw an old football today, that made me think about the past.

It is also the time when students must leave the dorms, maybe because they finished and are leaving or because they must move to a different building, as a student told me, because their dorm is closed for the summer. There are also students arriving. Yesterday, I saw on and in front of the stairs that lead to the cafeteria a large sprawl of computers, flatscreens, clothes and cardboard boxes, and several cars from which they were unloading more stuff. We only had a narrow path to go through.

Ah, the change of seasons!.

No comments: