01 October 2008

After the Storm

This morning, I could finally take the picture of this tree felled by the typhoon just in front of Shida

with all the mess of wires that it took away with it.

At least, it can be seen that the typhoon did something. I would say that it also tore down one of the tall trees (are they cedar trees?) than line the street that leads to my office building, because there is the broken stump of a tree that I did not remember, and the cut pieces of the trunk on the other side of the street. But I am not sure, maybe it was only sick. Quite a long tree, nonetheless.

It is a pity that I can't understand the TV news, because I am sure that there were many juicy incidents. I was told yesterday about a coach that was toppled by the wind in the middle of the freeway, and about thirty people injured as a result.

The news are... that another one could be coming!. It does not look probable now, but you never know.

No comments: