19 October 2008

Newlyweds

During the lunch break in the meeting I told you about yesterday, I went out of the building after having lunch to enjoy the wonderful weather outside. There was a very nice temperature, with a bright Sun and a predominantly blue sky. Suddenly, I see a girl with a wedding dress, with the bridegroom at her side (but brides are much easier to spot, with all the volume of the dress), posing for pictures on the grass in front of me. I remembered that I had seen a couple when I arrived to the meeting at 9am, but I had not paid any attention.

Then I looked around and I saw two or three couples more near the sculptures to my right. No, four, five if I count the ones taking a picture in front of the sports center. More behind the door or near the walkway!. A true plague of newlyweds posing for pictures or looking for a place to do it. Alone with the photographer or with their families. It was almost scary.


It was still full of newlyweds and photographers when I left, after 4pm. I do not know what could be going on in the sports center: a competition of wedding dresses?, a picture competition?, marriages in bulk?. At least, it was an ideal day for taking pictures.

No comments: