09 October 2008

Jackets and motorcycles

I saw it just when I started walking around Taipei. If there was a little wind or it was a little bit colder, maybe in the evening, or just because the effects of speed, this is a very common way of wearing a jacket in Taipei when riding a scooter. Backwards!

Men and women wearing jackets, coats, the upper part of tracksuits, even the typical raincoats they use when it rains like that. I read somewhere that the reason is because it has less resistance to air, if you wear them the other way they tend to swell and act like a bag. It is amazing that nobody is selling jackets made this way. Maybe the price difference and the reduced usefulness do not make it attractive enough. Now that temperatures are a tiny little bit lower, I think I am seeing less of them.

I don't know, sometimes I think they do it because it's faster to put on the jacket that way if it's not cold, and do what is really important, run around with the scooters.

No comments: