22 October 2008

Little blue trucks

Here there are two examples of the characteristic small trucks, almost vans, that run around Taipei, at any place and at any time.

The cabins are blue and they are relatively small. As far as I can tell, they are used by repairmen, deliveries or different kinds of transport. The frozen goods delivery trucks do not usually have this color, although I have seen a few too. Contrary to what could be expected, they are not from the same maker. I have seen different brands, even if at the beginning I thought they all were from Mitsubishi.

I do not know why, but I fancy them. They have a very asian look, and it is not because of the characters. Too many movies, maybe. As you can imagine, they speed by loaded with any kind of stuff, lurching from one side of the street to the other.

No comments: