27 August 2008

Smokers

I saw them the first time I passed through the Hong Kong airport, but I didn't take any picture. Three months later, when I was going to China, I did.

I saw them too in Taipei's airport, and they look even more futuristic. Like something out of a space movie.

What are they?. Smokers' cabins. It's not allowed to smoke in the airport or, at least, in the boarding zones. So, to smoke, you must go into one of these cabins. The first time I saw them, I thought they were mini-bars, because I saw people crowding inside, smoking like there was no tomorrow, while seating in one of the couches or bar-like stools, and watching the flat screens. Umm, maybe the idea of a bar is not that bad.

There are some windows to look outside, but it seemed more to me like a place where the vicious components of society are shown to the rest to make an example. They really looked like caged animals. Maybe we will get there seeing how things are going. And it will be difficult to argue that they did not earn it.

No comments: