29 August 2008

Anybody out there?

These things happen to me sometimes, but I think never so much as this week. It sounds worse than what it really was, because it's not been bad at all, but since saturday night, when I came back from Jiufen, until yesterday evening, I did not have a conversation longer than 5 or 10 seconds with anybody. That's almost five days. Ordering lunch, using a few more or less mispronounced words, or exchanging a couple of sentences with a rushing-by student, do not count as real talk. I am alone in my office and the routine turns out to be going to work and coming back home, specially when there was not any interesting activiy at the IAA.

That does not mean that I was completely isolated from the rest of the world. The possibilities of computing allow me to be in touch with people far away, but in any case, it's not a feat I should try to exceed. Yeah, you know what happens with records.

No comments: