22 August 2008

School

I have spent this week going to the talks of the interferometry school held by the ASIAA. As a student. Yes, even if I have worked on it and I know something about it, I thought that it would be good to see what they had to tell, because I was sure I had lots to learn.

And I did. At least, I could see how to do the parts of the process I had never practiced before, a fact that always makes me wonder why. Of course, I realized that I knew (or remembered) much more than I thought. After so many years, it's not that surprising.

The talks were held in the IAA building during the first two days, which was very convenient to me; but they moved to the Academia Sinica campus in Nangang for the last tres days. The Academia Sinica is a kind of national research organization and they have a big campus at the far East end of the city. It takes an hour by MRT and bus from my apartment or about 25 minutes taking the shuttle from the NTU campus. Quite a trip, all in all, but I have had the opportunity to see how the MRT looks like in during rush hour: people everywhere.

No comments: