13 September 2008

Sinlaku

It is finally here. The typhoon Sinlaku has touched ground or it is about to do it. It is a large one and it has spent a few days getting closer, because it is moving very slowly. According to the forecasts, tomorrow is the big day, if I may say it so.


I have seen some very strange changes in the weather this last couple of days. As soon it was raining a lot for 3 minutes as it stopped, there was a fine rain a few minutes later, then another shower, anything. For instance, yesterday evening, I saw an impressive show of changes of colors in the clouds: from red to purple, then blue, and finally gray, in less than 10 minutes; water curtains that don't let you see anything farther away than ten meters, and then a clear view.

The talk that I had to give today was postponed to next week and they cancelled all the events planned for today. So, after buying some more food this midday, I will spend the weekend at home. It was raining the whole day today and, even if it's not windy yet, it's uncomfortable to walk around in this weather.

And the truth is that I have enough work to do to keep me busy for more than one day.

No comments: