18 September 2008

Píjiǔ

I was asked yesterday if there was any beer in Taiwan. Of course, there is. Apart from the bars that have specialized in imported belgian beer, of high alcohol content, or other american or european beers, there is also beer brewed in Taiwan. The ones I have tried are generally similar to a Heineken, a little softer probably. There are two main brands, one maybe better that the other. Neither spectacular.

I saw one beer very different last Friday. I was told later that it was part of a special edition brewed by a taiwanese beer lover who brews his own beer. One night, I had tried one of his, 14 per cent, that he had brewed to commemorate the tenth anniversary of the bar where we were. This one has something else

a Creative Commons license. It has a version number too: 3.2. An open source beer. It wasn't bad at all, belgian type, but with a different taste. I don't think you can install Linux on it... yet.

No comments: