23 April 2009

St Jordi

St Jordi's Day (St George's Day) in the distance always feel very strange. To me, it is one of the more magical days in Catalonia, with roses and books, Spring in full bloom and, usually, accompanied with good weather (or that is how I always remember it). When you are away, you cannot see the flower and book stalls, people on the streets, with roses in their hands, couples meeting, the smell of the air, the particular light of that day, all that. Far away, it is not a special day for people around you, but it is still for you. And I always did something on this day if I could.


Today, after days of rain and clouds, we had a very sunny day, a blue sky with white clouds, and warm, as it should be. Perfect to remind me what day it was, even on the far end of Asia.

And yes, I could find a red rose, small but very pretty, to give to a beautiful girl.

No comments: