26 January 2009

(Hey Ho) Let's Go

It is a different New Year, but I thought that I could as well use the Chinese New Year to make some change. So, after about nine months and because I was already itching to do it, I put on my shorts this morning, the new sport shoes that I finally brought from Barcelona, and, there we go!, to run for a while, early in a holiday morning.


My early run had two additional goals, that is to explore a route along the river and to test how I was. On the first thing, the path is fairly good, I should have taken my camera. About the second, very good also. I am a little rusted, of course, after so much time without jogging, but I felt much better than I expected. The pace could not be too fast, naturally, but I ran for a little bit over 40 minutes and I was not tired at all. Quite the opposite, and since I felt so good, the itch to do it again is already inside of me. Today was a very cloudy day and slightly cold, but with a very good temperature to run. Besides, the streets were almost empty. I can still feel the exhilaration that filled me at the time.

Now, I only need to make some space for it in my schedule and go jogging more often. It would not do to wait for such a long time again.

No comments: