09 January 2009

Dragging the cold

I could see how it snowed in the Poble Nou and Ciutat Vella the last night before leaving Barcelona. It was not a big one, maybe more ice than snow, but enough to be counted as such. The temperature was very low for Barcelona.

It may not seem so, but there are also low temperatures in Taiwan in the winter, but until yesterday, every time I looked in the web what was the weather like, the maximum temperatures every day were from 18º to 20º C, and the minimum temperatures around 15ºC. Today, the maximum temperature was close to 15ºC and the forecast for tomorrow is below that, with a minimum of 8ºC. It may not feel that cold for some more hardened spirits, but it is extremely cold for the locals. It looks like I took some cold with me in my luggage (nobody would have said that in the hour or so I spent in the Bangkok airport).

Anyway, there is the Year's End party of the ASIAA tomorrow, and I will be able to use the coat I brought from Barcelona. Now I need to buy a blanket for my bed.

No comments: