23 January 2009

Coming back from the PSROC meeting

On Wednesday evening, late, I came back from spending three days away from Taipei. From Monday to Wednesday, I attended the annual meeting of the Physics Society of the Republic of China that took place in Changhua, near Taichung. It was one of those massive meetings, where the Astrophysics part is rather reduced, lost among many talks on all branches of Physics, with an attendance, I was told, of over a thousand people.

For once, I approached it, or I was made to, as a few days out, rather than a very interesting meeting. As usual, I could taste some local dishes and enjoy once again taiwanese cooking. I could also visit some of the temples around, but I will leave that for later.

On the scientific side, the NTNU students managed to complete their posters and print them. They were not too bad at the end, specially compared to the initial versions; and I was very happy, for them, that they could finish them all. Some did it almost at the very last minute. I hope they understand now that you cannot leave some things for the last day; but I am not very confident on it.

No comments: