11 May 2009

Rescheduling

Maybe it is because I am living alone; maybe I am not able to follow a strict discipline; maybe I have been doing this for years. For whatever reason, I am breaking again today the normal (recommended?) sleep rhythm. I have observations with the SMT again tonight, until 3am more or less. So, tomorrow will begin for me around midday. Fortunately, the start of the observations has been as smooth as possible today and I guess I will be able to do most of what I wanted to do.

These sudden changes in my schedule are not too problematic to me, and I usually can sleep fairly well the following night. I think that my body is used to it, except for the feeling of disorder that chases me whenever I wake up late on a working day, but it is also true that since I landed in Taiwan, my usual daily life is very different from the one I led in Barcelona, to a point that I wonder how was that. It seems very ironic to me to compare the life of a nightclub musician and that of some astronomers. A bad life.

No comments: