09 May 2009

Lease renewal

These days, it is always one year ago for something. So, I renewed the lease of my apartment yesterday. Some people have asked me why I was not looking for another apartment, that it could be a way of exploring Taipei. It is true, but despite my apartment's shortcomings, it is good enough, with ample space for possible visitors, and close to work. And the landlady is very kind, too. As an example, she gave me a pot of oolong tea, typical from Taiwan, yesterday. Additionally, I feel too lazy to start the search for a place all over again. So, I will stay here for another year, unless there are any surprises. And if I am still staying in Taiwan after that, I will decide then what to do about it.

In any case, I still miss my apartment in Columbus, so I do not care too much anymore.

No comments: