23 June 2009

Back in old Europe

A long flight, not uncomfortable, and fairly uneventful —apart from a rollercoaster-like fall due to turbulence in the first leg of the trip that left most of us breathless. Upon arrival, worrying health news in the family that, fortunately, seem to have turned to nothing today after the cause has been found. And at the same time, great joy seeing the two babies, grown up and doing their stuff. There are some smiles, toothless still, that really wash away all the worries in the world. All together a day of reunion with my brothers, around some tables, as it should be.

One day in Barcelona already; one day back in Europe and I am not used to seeing so many westerners in the street yet. My first impression, in the plane or here already, was not too positive. Cultural shock?, it could be. I am too used maybe to being in Taiwan. It has a gentler side. It was called Formosa for a reason. And it is for a reason that I am missing a little beautiful thing too.

First day, then, and I have already done some work. Happy about that , too.

No comments: